English Language A Level at Lady Manners School
Paper One: Language, the individual and society
- Textual variations and representations (text analysis and comparison)
- Children’s language development (language acquisition and social development of children from 0 – 11 years)
Paper Two: Language diversity and change
- Historical and contemporary changes in our language from 1700 to the present day
- Language discourses - attitudes to language
Non Exam Assessment
- A 2000 word investigation into a personal language topic choice
- A 1500 word piece of original writing and an accompanying commentary
GCSE grade 4 or higher in English Language
- Paper One: Exam 2 hrs 30 mins 40% of A Level
- Paper Two: Exam 2 hrs 30 mins 40% of A Level
- Non Exam Assessment 20% of A Level
English Language is a highly respected course which provides a good foundation for not only English and Linguistic courses at university, but also for other subjects within humanities.
It is a course which prepares students effectively for careers in education, law, journalism and the media amongst others.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lady Manners School directly.