Food and Drink Supervision with Event Planning Level 3 Diploma at Basingstoke College of Technology
You will receive instruction, guidance and encouragement to practise and develop the skills necessary to achieve the award, the following units will be studied:
- Principles of supervising food and beverage service operations
- The principles of food safety supervision for catering
- Promoting food and beverage services and products
- Principles of supervising customer service performance
- Supervise food and beverage service
- Legislation in food and beverage service
- Prepare and cook food in a food service area
- Prepare and serve wine
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
- Legal and social responsibilities of a personal license holder
- Supervise hospitality events
The programme allows students to specialise in developing their advanced food service skills such as craving and preparing food at the table, developing supervisory and management skills through a variety of wide activities in our training restaurant. These activities will include running functions and events, anticipating and exceeding expectations of demanding clients and developing an extensive bar and wine list.
A Food Service qualification at Level 2 or relevant industry experience. Students will normally be over 17 at the start of the course and have completed 2 years of study in the department.
The course is continually assessed by both practical and written assignments plus an external examination for the British Institute of Innkeeping National Certificate for Personal License Holders.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
If you are unable to pay any of the course costs, or need financial assistance you may be eligible to receive a college bursary. For further details on fees and financial help please contact Student Services on 01256 306484.
This course is a recognised route into employment, for example, hotel management training schemes, restaurant management, event organiser etc.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.