Physics A Level at Rainham Mark Grammar School
A Level Physics has been developed for students who wish to continue with a study of Physics after GCSE. Such a course will prepare students to progress into further education, to follow courses in Physics, Engineering, one of the other sciences or related subjects, or to enter employment where a knowledge of physics would be useful.
• Forces in action
• Work, energy and power
• Newton’s laws of motion and momentum.
• Charge and current
• Energy, power and resistance
• Electrical circuits
• Quantum physics
• Thermal physic
• Circular motion
• Gravitational fields
• Electric fields
• Nuclear and particle physics
• Medical imaging
• Students must have a minimum of a grade 7 in Physics and a minimum 6 grade in both Biology and Chemistry. In addition, a grade 7 in Mathematics is required.
• Students who followed the Trilogy Science GCSE must have obtained at least two GCSE grade 7s.
• If students have a Level 2 BTEC, a Distinction and a 7 grade in Maths are required.
Modelling physics (01) 100 marks 2 hours 15 minutes written paper (37%)
Exploring physics (02) 100 marks 2 hours 15 minutes written paper (37%)
Unified physics (03) 70 marks 1 hour 30 minutes written paper (26%)
Practical endorsement in physics (04)* (non-exam assessment)
The course is a sound preparation for degree-level and other higher education courses in physics and related sciences, engineering, and medicine as well as chemical engineering and related programmes.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Rainham Mark Grammar School directly.