Business Studies BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at Shirley High School Performing Arts College
Aim: To provide a strong study programme in the business sector, offering depth and breadth of knowledge, as a main study programme. The course is equivalent to three A levels.
1. Exploring Business
2. Developing a Marketing Campaign
3. Personal and Business Finance
4. Managing an Event
5. International Business
6. Principles of Management
7. Business Decision Making
A selection of optional units
8. Recruitment and Selection Process
9. Team Building in Business
17. Digital Marketing
18. Creative Promotion
19. Pitching for a New Business
21. Training and Development
- The ability to undertake extensive independent research is essential
- Good IT and communication skills
To be eligible for the BTEC level Three courses the applicant would have to achieved five GCSEs at a ‘4’.
- Assignments – Set and marked internally
- Written exam – Set and marked by Pearson
- Total number of Units: 13 (7 mandatory units and 6 optional units)
BTEC Level 3 Extended Diplomas are valued by employers and lead to career opportunities in business specialisms such as Finance, Human Resources, Management or Marketing, as well as other Business related careers, Management Accountants and Personnel Development. Learners may further progress into higher education degree courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shirley High School Performing Arts College directly.