Double BTEC in Sport & Exercise Science at Blackpool Sixth Form College
BTEC in Sport & Exercise Science is an exciting course that combines a strong interest in sport with the challenge of applying science to elite performance. Students will combine theory with practical to develop the skills, understanding and knowledge sport scientists require to support the world of sport performance.
Year one includes:
- How the body responds to sport and exercise
- The psychological requirements for sport and exercise
- Fitness and fitness testing
Year two includes:
- Analysing elite sports performance
- Fitness training for sports performance
- Work experience in the sports industry
- Personal practical sports performance
CC in double Science at GCSE is required. A single award in Science will be considered at a grade B.
Exam board: Edexcel (BTEC)
After completing the course students can work towards a number of careers, for example P.E. teaching, sports therapy, physiotherapy (if taken with a science A level), sports management, sport psychology, nutrition and sports technology. Over 90% of our students go on to study sport or sports science at degree level at university.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.