Sport and Physical Activity OCR Cambridge Technical at Oldbury Wells School
An OCR Cambridge Technical is a practical, work-related course. It is assessed in two ways: coursework and two written exams. Where units are assessed internally, you learn by completing projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. Where units are assessed externally, you will learn in both a theoretical and practical setting through the unit and then be assessed via an exam or at the end of the unit. Students will complete five units to achieve the OCR Level 3 Cambridge Technical extended Certificate in Sport and Physical Activity which is equivalent to 1 A Level.
To be successful in the Cambridge Technical you will need to:
• Enjoy a mature working atmosphere
• Be organised in bringing your equipment to the correct lessons
• Be able to meet and stick to deadlines
• Be prepared to monitor and drive your own learning. Remember you control the grade and qualification you achieve
• Have good attendance, be punctual and copy up missed work
• Play an active role in class discussions
• Like the idea of working with younger students and become involved in coaching
• Enjoy playing and thinking about sport management, human resource management and the links between them
OCR Cambridge Technicals are valued by employers and higher education (universities and colleges). It could lead straight into employment in: • Sports Centres • Leisure Centres • Fitness Centres Or a college or university course such as: • Sports Studies • Leisure Management • Recreation Management • Teacher Training
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Oldbury Wells School directly.