Business AS at Ysgol Maes y Gwendraeth
Why study Business?
Because of the wide variety of topics covered by the course it will be an excellent foundation for a number of careers such as Marketing, Accountancy, The Law, Computing, Banking. The course also gives an opportunity to develop the necessary skills for running a business. The course is a traditional A level and is accepted as a means of entry on to Finance and Accountancy degree courses.
- Marketing – How to win and keep customers. How to create a recognised brand name.
- Accounts – Profit and Loss Accounts, Money Flow Chart.
- People’s roles within Business – Human resources.
- Economics – Government’s ways of controlling the Economy.
- Business Ownership – Various kinds of owning a business.
BS1: Business Framework
BS2: Business Roles
- 40% of AS
- Examination Paper: 5 short answer questions based on BS1 specification
- Written examination: 1hour 15 minutes
- 60% of AS
- Examination Paper: 3 questions based on a case study
- Responding to Data
- BS2 Specification.
- Written examination
1 hour 45 minutes
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Maes y Gwendraeth directly.