Environmental Conservation Apprenticeship Intermediate Level at Guildford College
This Apprenticeship is suitable for anyone wishing to pursue a career as a ranger/warden, estate worker or conservation officer.
Suitable employers could include the National Trust, Wildlife Trusts, local authority countryside services and environmental consultancies. You MUST already be in employment.
Tuition is delivered by expert staff with relevant industry experience. Merrist Wood College is a 400 acre campus including woodlands, wetlands and grasslands, making it the ideal outdoor classroom to study in.
Apprentices attend College one day a week to complete knowledge-based qualifications.
There is a mandatory health and safety unit and a choice of ten optional units. The optional units will be chosen in association with the employer. Examples of optional units include:
- Operating 4x4 off-road vehicle
- Tractor driving
- Plant identification
- Woodland management
- Brushcutter operation
- Chainsaw maintenance, cross cutting and felling of small trees
- Hedgerow planting and hedgelaying
There are no specific entry requirements, but the following will help apprentices understand the industry prior to starting:
- Practical Environmental and Conservation Skills Level 1 Award
- Work-based Environmental Conservation Level 1 Diploma
- Previous or voluntary work experience in relevant industries
- You MUST already be in employment
Assessment will be through coursework, portfolio of evidence and practical assessments, leading to a Level 2 Certificate in Land based Activities.
To employment or other related courses
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Guildford College directly.