Countryside Management (including Forestry) Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a career in forestry or countryside and environment management? Could you benefit from a practical and vocational Level 2 course?
This course is designed for students who have limited knowledge of the industry, and want to learn more about a range of topics and environmental issues. It prepares you to start your career, or to progress onto vocational qualifications at an advanced level.
The course is suitable for students progressing from a relevant Level 1 course, from GCSEs, or from prior experience. It is focused on practical work and hands-on experience, with classroom sessions to help build your knowledge. You will benefit from the excellent facilities of our Glynllifon campus and the expertise of our staff.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical work, with some classroom work to develop understanding
- The Glynllifon site is 750 acres of farm and woodlands, with specialist and well-equipped forestry resources, allowing your studies to be carried out in a realistic setting.
- 2 GCSEs grade D or above in any subject or equivalent qualifications
- Level 1 in a relevant subject
- Suitability to the course displayed in an interview with the course tutor where your experience in the subject area, enthusiasm and willingness to learn will be considered
- Evidence of basic skills ability that will enable the learner to independently cope with the academic requirements of a level 2 vocational qualification. This evidence can be produced from either previous course work or from an aptitude test. This evidence will be assessed by a member of the College’s Basic Skills team.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical assessment for most units
- Written assignments to show your understanding
Successful completion of the course will give you a range of options. You could progress onto a number of courses at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Countryside Management (including Forestry) Level 3, available at Glynllifon
- You could also proceed into an Apprenticeship or into employment.
- You will also have enhanced your employment options, and will be able to discuss your career with your personal tutor or the careers guidance team.
- Environmental Consultant
- Estate Maintenance Contractor
- Estate Manager
- Game Keeper
- Natural Resources Wales Officer
- Trade Salesperson
- Tree Surgeon
- Woodland Worker/Manager
Programme code: 0304A02B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.