Dental Nursing Apprenticeship Level 3 at Presidency London College Limited
Dental Nursing Advanced Apprenticeship
It’s an essential requirement for dental nurses to complete a qualification that’s recognised for registration with the General Dental Council (GDC) – and ours is accepted for GDC registration, on successful achievement of the Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing. During your Apprenticeship you’ll develop the skills required to support patients and dental staff in providing safe and effective treatment from simple check-ups to advanced specialist treatments
During the advanced Apprenticeship you'll complete the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional skills qualification in English, maths and/or IT (depending on your existing English, maths and ICT qualifications)
- Personal learning and thinking skills (PLTS)
- Employee rights and responsibilities
Your diploma is built from a selection of mandatory and optional units which could include:
- The role and responsibilities of a dental nurse
- Prepare and maintain environments, instruments and equipment for clinical dental procedures
- Provide information and support to individuals on the protection of their oral health
- Provide chair side support during the extraction of teeth and minor oral surgery
- First aid essentials
This Apprenticeship is available in England only.
You’ll be paid at least the current minimum wage rate for apprentices, but it could be more than that. After your Apprenticeship, if you’re employed as a qualified dental nurse in the NHS your salary could be around £16,000 a year. With experience this can rise to between £18,000 and £22,000 a year. Team leaders and dental nurse specialists can earn up to £27,600 a year.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Presidency London College Limited directly.