Physical Education A Level at Heanor Gate Science College
Physical Education gives you the opportunity to study how and why sport has become so influential in the world today. It also allows you to extend your own performances and understand how exercise affects the body.
Grade B or above in GCSE or equivalent in Science and PE or a distinction at BTEC First
- Physiological Module - Factors affecting performance. Exam paper 1 hour, 15 minutes 35%
- Psychological and Socio-Cultural - themes in PE. Exam paper 1 hour, 15 minutes 35%
- Performance with PE. 30%
- Physiological factors affecting performance. Exam paper 2 hours - 30%
- Psychological factors affecting performance. Exam paper 1 hour - 20%
- Socio-Cultural and contemporary issues Exam paper 1 hour - 20%
- Performance with PE - 30%
- Careers in sport
- Careers which involve the use of science in sport e.g.– coaching, physiotherapy and teaching
- Careers which call for the use of knowledge of the body e.g. - personal trainers
- Careers which combine the physical with personnel management e.g. Police and Armed forces
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Heanor Gate Science College directly.