Food Technology at The Marlborough School
Unit 1 - Portfolio of Creative Skills - internally assessed, externally moderated.Students will produce one portfolio that contains evidence for three distinct sections. The sections donot need to be linked and there is an emphasis on quality practical work.
- Product investigation - an in-depth study of two similar products that contain more than one material and/or component/ingredient and process.
- Product design - creative and adventurous responses to a design brief or briefs.Modeling of the ideas through to a final viable design proposal.
- Product manufacture - a production plan for, and making one or more high quality products demonstrating a range of materials and/or components/ingredients, techniques and processes.
Unit 2 - Design and Technology in Practice - externally assessed.Students will develop a knowledge and understanding of a wide range of materials, components, additives and processes used in the design and production of food products. The work can be categorized under the following headings:
- Materials, components/ingredients and working properties (carbohydrates, fats, proteins, other components and additives).
- Industrial and commercial practice (preparation, underlying microbiological principles, preservation).
- Quality (good manufacturing practice).
GCSE D&T: Food (or equivalent) and GCSE Science at Grade C orabove
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Marlborough School directly.