English Literature at Cox Green School
- One Shakespeare play and one other drama from either tragedy or comedy
- Critical essays related to their selected Shakespeare play. Students’ preparation is supported by Shakespeare: A Critical Anthology – Tragedy
- Two prose texts from a chosen theme. At least one of the prose texts must be pre - 1900
- Poetic form, meaning and language
- A selection of post - 2000 specified poetry
- A named poet from within a literary period
Students have a free choice of two texts to study. Chosen texts:
- Must be different from those studied in Components 1, 2 and 3
- Must be complete texts and may be linked by theme, movement, author or period
- May be selected from poetry, drama, prose or literary non - fiction.
B grades in both GCSE English Language and English Literature
Students are assessed via exams at the end of the two year course as well as a piece of coursework which will be approximately 3000 words in length.
n terms of career progression, English Literature is particularly useful in the fields of Law, Media work, Medicine and Journalism.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cox Green School directly.