Animation, Games Design & Motion Graphics BTEC Extended Diploma Level 3 at Tower Hamlets College
Through a series of industry related projects you will learn how to respond to professional briefs from researching initial ideas through to creating and presenting a finished
You will explore both historical and contemporary animation and digital design in order to develop your contextual and critical analysis skills. You will explore the potential of digital design within the areas of mobile phone apps, advertising, publishing, Web and broadcast. Students will need to have an inquiring mind and be both a designer and an inventor and enjoy work and designing on computers.
You will use professional software packages such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Maya, Final Cut Pro, After Effects and Director. You will learn how to use industry standard scanners, printers and digital & video cameras.
Off-site visits to galleries and other educational institutions will compliment and inform your practical work. Students from this course have an excellent track record in relation to progression to higher education. We have strong links with Ravensbourne and London College of Communication who all provide workshops to offer advice and guidance on portfolio content.
At the end of the 1st year students will be awarded a Level 3 90 Credit Diploma qualification which is equivalent to 1.5 A Levels. At the end of the 2nd year students will achieve the full Level 3 Extended Diploma qualification which is equivalent to 3 A Levels.
- On this practical, work related course you will discover what it means to be part of the digital graphics industries. Using a combination of 2D and 3D software together with traditional drawing skills you will work on illustration, typography, animation and design for special effects. Alongside all of this you will learn about working in the industry whilst developing your visual, written and oral communication skills through contextual studies and professional studio practice.
- Animation & Interactivity
- Motion Graphics
- 3D Modelling
- Storyboarding and Narrative Development
- Moving Image and SFX
- Five GCSEs at grade C or above including English Language. You will need to attend a portfolio interview.
- This is a growth area and there are opportunities for students to start up their own business, undertake an NVQ Apprenticeship course in Digital Design or progress to higher education to study at Degree or Foundation Degree Level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tower Hamlets College directly.