Professional Chef & Food Service Diploma C&G Level 2 at Runshaw College
Why should I come to Runshaw to study the Professional Chef & Food Service Diploma?
Our catering and hospitality courses offer real 'hands-on' experience working and learning in a gold award-winning department. On our latest inspection the AA inspector thought we had a great team ethos and praised our cuisine and presentation - "Clear dedication and passion from the lecturers clearly feeds into the students' mentality". Such praise reinforces our long-standing status as Highly Commended AA College Rosette holders.
With 300,000 skilled workers needed by 2020, there are many opportunities for fast-paced progression into management.
Enrichment opportunities include:
- Meet industry experts - guest chefs, managers, bakers
- Opportunities to gain work experience in restaurants and event catering
- National competitions
- Careers conference gaining valuable employer advice
- Volunteering - last year we raised over £2000 from our theme events held in Foxholes
- 'Gourmet Club' where we visit acclaimed restaurants and meet the teams
- Visits and residential trips - e.g. hotels, large event stadiums, restaurants, organic farms, food manufacturers, food markets and cocktail bars
The pass rate for 2018 on this course was 100%.
What will I study?
This is a two year course with practical and theory sessions, providing an opportunity to develop your knowledge, personal and culinary skills in a Gold Accredited catering department, which is also a Centre of Excellence for Food and Beverage service. You will:
- Have 'hands-on' experience working in our award winning AA Rosette Foxholes Restaurant cooking and serving dishes to customers
- Learn how to prepare and cook stocks, soups, fruit, vegetables, meat, poultry and fish
- Develop skills in beverages, barista and flambé
- Take theory sessions in menu knowledge, planning and costing, and customer care
- Study classes to help you prepare for employment and investigate different career opportunities
- Undertake an industry placement with our employer links: 2 weeks in Year 1 and up to 4 weeks in Year 2
Follow us on Twitter @RunshawFoxholes
For access to our Level 2 courses, our entry requirements are 4 x Grade 3 equivalent (4 x Grade 3 or D). This should include Maths or English (Language or Literature) at Grade 3, and no less than a 2 in the other.
The Professional Chef & Food Service Diploma does not have any specific additional requirements.
How is the course assessed?
You will mainly be assessed by assignments, short answer questions and practical tests.
No course fees are applicable for 16-18 year old learners who meet funding regulations.
What will this course prepare me for?
On completion of Level 2, students can then apply for the appropriate pathway at Level 3.
Where are you going?
- Maître D'
- Events Planner
- Professional Chef
Our website also contains up to date further information on all courses that we offer. Please visit https://www.runshaw.ac.uk/courses.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.