Children's Play, Learning and Development BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Bath College
This course is for you if you would like to develop practical skills and knowledge of the early years environment and is an exciting introduction to the sector.
You will develop hands-on skills for working with children, as placement experience is a compulsory part of the course.
There are six academic units to study alongside a minimum of 300 hours of work experience:
- Understanding children’ s development
- Keeping children safe
- Communication with children and adults
- Preparing and maintaining environments for child care
- Professional development roles responsibilities and
- Supporting children’ s play and learning
A programme of 300 hours of work experience with children will be provided.
- Four full GCSEs at grade D or above including maths and English language; or a BTEC Level 1 Diploma
- Clear Disclosure & Barring Service check, to be applied for AFTER successful enrolment onto the course. Please download this PDF for more information.
Coursework and assessment will take place in College and in the childcare settings. There are currently no examinations; students are assessed through coursework.
- Progress to the Children’ s Care Learning and Development Level 3 course (you must achieve a minimum of a merit on level 2) or to the Health and Social Care Level 3 course, or to a work-based qualification
- Move on to employment in the early years sector
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.