Health and Social Care Cambridge Technical Level 3 at St Thomas More Catholic School
Health and Social Care is a vocational course for students who are considering a career in this subject. However, you may also wish to study the subject to add breadth or to add a vocational element to your studies in Sixth Form.
In Year 12 you have the opportunity to take the Cambridge Technical Certificate (equivalent to 1 AS level) or the Cambridge Technical Extended Certificate (equivalent to 1 full A level).
In Year 13 you then progress onto the Cambridge Technical Certificate (equivalent to 1 A level) or the Cambridge Technical Diploma (equivalent to 2 A levels.)
- Cambridge Technical Certificate = 1 AS level
- Cambridge Extended Certificate = 1 A level
- Cambridge Technical Diploma = 2 A levels
Certificate AS level equivalent
- Unit 1: Building positive relationships in Health and Social Care.
- Unit 2: Equality, diversity and Rights in Health and Social Care.
- Unit 3: Health Safety and security in Health and Social Care.
Extended Certificate 1 A level Units 1,2,3 plus:.
- Unit 4: Anatomy and Physiology for Health and Social Care.
- Unit 17 Supporting people with mental health conditions.
- Unit 22: Psychology for Health and Social Care.
Diploma Equivalent to 2 A levels Units 1,2,3,4, 17, 22 plus:
- Unit 5: Infection control.
- Unit 6: Personalisation and a personcentered approach to care.
- Unit 7: Safeguarding.
- Unit 8: Creativity and activity for children and young people.
- Unit 14: The impact of long term physiological conditions
- Unit 15: Promoting health and well being.
For any of the above qualifications assessment will be via a combination of external examinations (proportions vary depending on size of course).
The tested units contain case studies which require a mixture of short answers and more detailed and lengthy responses. There are no lengthy essays to write. The coursework requires good English skills and very detailed description, explanation, evaluation and analysis.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Thomas More Catholic School directly.