Welding City & Guilds Level 2 Award at Tresham College of Further and Higher Education
This Level 2 qualification is the perfect follow on from our Level 1 programmes in MIG, TIG and MMA welding.
This comprehensive welding course builds on the key skills learned during Level 1 and covers the following aspects:
- Health and Safety in welding processes
- How to interpret technical data
- How to work efficiently in an engineering environment
- How to produce welds in all positions using the MIG, TIG and MMA processess in a range of materials
- How to cut materials using thermal methods (oxy/acetylene and plasma)
To qualify onto this course you will need Level 1 qualifications in MIG, TIG and MMA welding. An interview is also required to assess your suitability for the course in addition to a maths and English assessment.
Your work will be assessed by means of practical test pieces and portfolio work.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tresham College of Further and Higher Education directly.