Radio BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma at Lambeth College
Our unique Radio Production course enables you to demonstrate your live broadcast skills via the College’s very own radio station, Vox Radio. You will learn how to produce and present radio shows, write briefs, scripts and news items, interview guests, research topics and learn technical skills such as audio editing and mixing.
You will study the following topics:
- Pre-production techniques
- Understanding resourcing requirements for production and post-production, locating resources and organising their deployment
- Communication techniques in the media sector
- Radio researching skills, learning how to cite and reference sources
- The organisation and development of the public service and commercial UK radio industry, employment opportunities, working practices, and regulatory structures
- Preparing and conducting interviews for a range of media products
- Writing scripts for a range of factual radio genres, applying research techniques
- Styles, structure, purpose and content of commercials produced for broadcast radio
- Factual programme production techniques for radio
- Recording and editing a speech package for a specified programme appropriate to a particular audience
- Radio drama and audience readings
- Styles, purpose and content of music-based programming on contemporary radio stations in the UK
- Creating music sequences
- Developing radio journalism skills by compiling, editing and presenting news bulletins packages of various lengths for radio
You will be required to complete a College initial and diagnostic assessment and have an interview.
In the assessment you will need to achieve a minimum of Level 2 in English or Maths.
You will be expected to have 5 GCSEs at C grade or above, including English or Maths, or equivalent vocational qualifications at Level 2.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lambeth College directly.