Health & Social Care BTEC Level 2 First Diploma at Brooklands College
If you want to work supporting other people and have a desire to help others have a better quality of life, then a career in Health and Social Care may be the way ahead. Working in the Caring field certainly is not a 9-5 job, but the rewards make it worthwhile.
The BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care can prepare you for further study or employment as a Care Assistant. The choice is yours, but one thing is certain - you will not only be helping yourself to a good career but helping others in the process.
Who is the course suitable for?
Those interested in going into a caring profession such as Nursing, Midwifery, Social Work, Physiotherapy, Paramedic.
The compulsory and mandatory units are:
• Effective communication in Health and Social Care
• Health and Social Care values
• Human Lifespan Development (externally assessed)
• Equality and diversity in health and social care
• Individual rights in Health and Social Care
• Healthy living (externally assessed)
• Carrying out a Research project in health and social care
The optional units are:
• Human body system and care of disorders.
• Vocational experience in Health and Social Care
• An introduction to Basic First Aid
• Food safety in Health and social care
• Infection control in Health and social care
You need 5 GCSE passes at grade D or above including 1 C in an appropriate subject or a relevant Foundation qualification.
Units are internally assessed through assignments and two are externally assessed through controlled assessment. Assessments are by a range of methods including assignments, case studies, presentation, course work and work placement need to be completed.
Your tutor will advise you on any additional costs at the start of the course.
This qualification will enable you to progress to a Level 3 in Health & Social Care or Childcare or alternatively to gain employment as a Care Assistant and a workplace qualification the Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adult).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Brooklands College directly.