Sport and Public Services Level 1 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Are you interested in sport, public services or outdoor Education? Would you like to pursue a career in these areas?
This programme allows you to study a combination of these subjects, gaining a valuable insight into the sport, public service and outdoor sectors.
It is suitable for students looking to progress onto further study, as well as those who like practical sporting activities.
You will also be able to gain Essential Skills units and other additional awards, which will be integrated within the modules.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical modules
- Classroom discussion
- Formal lectures
- Guest speakers
- Outside visits
- There are no academic entry requirements for this course, and your suitability will be determined at interview. You will also attend a taster day organised by the course co-ordinator
- Suitable references will be required from either your school or a previous college tutor
- An enthusiasm for sport and public services is required
- You will need to provide your own stationery and purchase a Coleg Llandrillo Institute of Sport shirt and tracksuit trousers. You will also be asked to make a contribution towards certain outside visits
- Places on the programme are subject to interview
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- A wide variety of assignments, including written coursework, practical assessments and presentations
- The assessment methods reflect the demands of the sports and public services industry
- Assignments will assess your knowledge, but also equip you with career skills for sport, active leisure or public services
- The programme is graded at Pass, Merit and Distinction levels
Completion of this course will develop the required knowledge and confidence to progress onto a Level 2 qualification.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
Public Services Level 2, available at:
Sport (Industry) Level 2, available at:
Sport (Outdoor Education) Level 2, available at:
Sport (Performance and Excellence) Level 2, available at:
Sport and Leisure Level 2, available at:
Alternatively, you could use the qualification to gain entry level employment within the uniformed public services or the leisure, health and fitness industries.Career opportunities
- Armed Forces
- Police Officer
- Prison Office
Programme code: 0801A01B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.