Law A2 at Grange Technology College
Students will build upon their knowledge gained at AS level and apply it in the study of Criminal Law.
You will study fatal and non - fatal offences against the person as well as the philosophy that underpins the need for justice in applying the law.
Contact: Miss G Yaseen, Subject Leader
- What constitiutes a criminal offence
- Establishing liabilities in Criminal Law
- Offences Against the Persons Act (1861) with regard to (assault and GBH) Sections 47, 20 and 18 of the Act.
- Fatal Offences and Application of Defences.
- Principals behind the legal system, such as restorative justice.
Successful completion of the preceding AS level course.
An ability to construct discursive essays and to be analytical is highly desirable along with the ability to be evaluative and provide constructive criticism. You will need to recall case law to back up your arguments.
One written paper -1 hour 30 mins
Paper 3A - Criminal Law
Two writtenpapers -2 hours
Paper 4A - Criminal Law - Special study.
- Access to university courses, especially law and social sciences, training or employment
- Employment in law firms, the public sector, social services, in public planning; possible career in local and national politics
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grange Technology College directly.