Air Cabin Crew City & Guilds Diploma Level 2 at Doncaster College
This exciting program is aimed at learners who would like to develop their skills, knowledge and understanding of the role of Air Cabin Crew to hopefully progress into employment within the Aviation Industry.
You will study a range of subjects that are relevant to the role and industry. To achieve the full level 2 Diploma you must complete the following six core units:
- Introduction to Airline Aviation Operations. You will explore the types of airlines, aircraft/airline terminology used in communication throughout the industry, gain an awareness of Aviation geography and a sound knowledge of the routes that airlines fly.
- Health, Safety and Security. You will research and gain a thorough understanding of a range of legislation related to the activities that airlines adhere to and how they maintain health, safety and security in a confined environment.
- Airline Emergency Procedures. You will learn how to respond to various planned and unplanned emergencies on-board an aircraft including the operation of emergency equipment. You will also study survival techniques and will be required to perform these in water at a local leisure centre.
- Crew Room Duties. You will cover the duties of the cabin crew both pre and post flight and gain an understanding of the importance of briefings.
- Role of Cabin Crew (on- board) You will develop the necessary knowledge of the on-board role of cabin crew. To support this you will learn how to prepare the cabin for boarding, deal with passengers with special requirements, carry out a professional in-flight service, make effective passenger announcements and complete the necessary documentation required for a flight.
- Preparation for employment as Air Cabin Crew You will gain an understanding of the importance of personal presentation, attitude and behaviour of those wishing to work in the airline industry. From this you will develop your self- confidence by participating in an interview process.
To enhance your studies and broaden your employment opportunities you will also be required to complete an additional qualification in Customer Service and a Functional Skill.
- Minimum age 17 years
- 4 GCSE grades D and above including English.
- A City and Guilds level 1 or 2 in Travel or Aviation (or equivalent)
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English and attend an interview
- Must be able to swim unaided 25 metres.
Studying with us is fun, we practice, develop and assess your skills through a variety of written assignments, on line test and practical activities using our realistic aircraft cabin, check in area and security facilities.
You will also be required to participate in a swimming assessment which involves demonstrating survival techniques in water at a local leisure centre.
The course is designed to prepare students to seek employment within the industry. However, many choose to progress on to level 3 Aviation or Travel and Tourism courses giving them more opportunities for different careers within the Aviation/Travel and Tourism sector.
The course is designed to provide potential Cabin Crew with the underpinning knowledge required by the airline companies for entry in to the profession. Jet2 support this qualification and state if a potential candidate meets their entry requirement and achieve this qualification they will be invited for an interview on receipt of their application.
In line with industry standards you will be required to wear a uniform consisting of navy blue formal trousers/skirt, white shirt/blouse and a neck tie/scarf (full details will be given when accepted onto the course)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.