Sport (City & Guilds Level 2) at Central College Nottingham
This course is for you if you would like a career in the Sport and Leisure industry such as a Sport Leader, Sport Coach or Leisure Attendant.
This course offers a mixture of academic and practical sessions around the Sport and Leisure industry such as:
- Health, Safety and Welfare in Sport and Active Leisure
- Safeguarding and Protecting Children in Sport and Active Leisure
- Plan, deliver and evaluate Sport and Active Leisure Activities
- Understanding the Active Leisure and Learning Sector
- Facility Operations
- Participation in Sport
- Physical Preparation for Sport
- People Skills
- Technical and Tactical Requirements of Sport
- Leading a Healthy Lifestyle
- Event Planning and Organisation
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-D including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 1 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-D
*If you do not have both GCSE English Language and Maths at A*-D, we may accept one of them at Grade E in addition to your 4 GCSEs at A*-D. Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
You will be assessed by assignments, practical observation and written tests.
- BTEC Level 3 (you must meet the entry requirements)
- CYQ L3 Diploma in Personal Training (if over 18)
- Sports Apprentices
- Other courses at Central
To support your application we will ask you to bring in a school report and undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
There may be opportunities for external visits and trips. You will need to purchase sports kit (approximately £85) for use in practical sessions and at external events. All subjects / modules are subject to change.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.