Food and Beverage Service Apprenticeship Level 2 at Warwickshire College Group
Apprenticeships are a vocational training programme leading to a series of qualifications, offering the opportunity to earn while you learn working life experience.
Work Based Learning Element - NVQs are work based qualifications that you will complete in the work place. An assessor will be assigned to help you select the modules which best fit with your work and will visit you regularly to help you compile a portfolio of evidence to show your competence. As the NVQ is tailored to the individual, the units chosen and the time taken to complete your portfolio will depend on how quickly you collect the evidence. Normally, a level 2 NVQ will take up to 1 year to complete.
Technical Certificate - This is the knowledge you require to complete your job effectively and efficiently. Learning and theory work can be completed in the workplace or at the college or the workplace and again this can be tailored to suit your requirements. Online exams will be taken to complete this section of the apprenticeship and will need to be completed at college.
College Element - Functional Skills: If you do not hold a GCSE grade A-C or equivalent in English or Maths then you will be required to College for approximately 15 weeks to complete your functional skills. Achievement of this will be by successful completion of online assessment and portfolio building.
Our standard programme includes the college day release to complete the Functional Skills however this can be discussed with individual employers and candidates prior to acceptance on the programme as we can be fairly flexible on the layout of the programme.
Overall the whole apprenticeship can take between 12 - 18 months to complete.
Example of units include:
- Working effectively as part of a team
- Maintain a safe hygienic and secure environment
- Give customers a positive impression of self and organisation
- Maintain food safety when storing, holding and serving food
- Provide a counter and takeaway service
- Serve food at the table
- Serve alcoholic and soft drinks
- Prepare and serve hot drinks using specialist equipment
- Maintain and deal with payments
- Employment Rights and responsibilities
- Prepare and clear areas for counter and takeaway service
Assessment is a combination of portfolio evidence and online testing, supported by your assessor, lecturers and employer.
- Career progression within their current employment
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship
- Further study or Higher Education
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.