Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Principles Level 1 Diploma at Harlow College
This qualification will give you a good foundation of knowledge on the motor vehicle and its sub-systems. The practical assignments will allow you to practise and experience the maintenance activities associated with the service of light vehicles.
- Health and Safety Practices in Vehicle Maintenance
- Tools, Equipment and Materials for Vehicle Maintenance
- Spark Ignition Engine Systems, Components and Operation
- Compression Ignition Engine Systems, Components and Operation
- Engine Liquid Cooling & Lubrication System Components and Operation
- Steering and Suspension Systems Components and Maintenance
- Vehicle Braking Systems Components and Maintenance
- Vehicle Wheels and Tyres Construction and Maintenance
- Introduction to Spark Ignition Fuel Systems
- Introduction to Compression Ignition Fuel Systems
- Spark Ignition System Maintenance
- Vehicle Electrical Foundation Skills
- Vehicle Lighting System Maintenance
12 optional modules
4 GCSEs (2 at Grade D and 2 at Grade E)
The qualification has a practical approach to assessment and includes many visual questioning techniques, which will stimulate and interest the learner. The learning outcomes are assessed by a variety of task based assessment, observation, oral questioning and online assessments.
Personal protective clothing (boots, one-piece overalls), pens and pencils, folder, course book. £60 materials and locker fee.
Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles or an Intermediate Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harlow College directly.