Children's Care, Learning and Development BTEC Level 2 at Bridgwater College
This qualification is suitable for a range of learners from the age of 16 onwards who have little or no experience in childcare.
The aim of the course prepares learners to work with children between birth and eight years and will provide “assistant practitioner status”.
- Understanding Children’s Development
- Keeping Children Safe
- Communication with Children and Adults
- Preparing and Maintaining Environments for Child Care
- Professional Development, Roles and Responsibilities in Child Care
- Supporting Children’s Play and Learning
- You will need at least four GCSE’s at a D grade these must include English and Maths.
- Entry is also subject to a successful interview that will assess your suitability to work with children.
- Practical assessment
- Written coursework
- Job roles include nursery assistant, classroom assistant, nanny and pre-school assistant.
- Progression to the Level 3 Early Years Educator qualifications require a GCSE C grade in both English and Maths.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.