Sport BTEC First Diploma at City College Plymouth
All sports performers want to be the best they can be, and participation in sport continues to grow. Ever wondered what makes winners in the top league so successful and why sports people fall apart under pressure? This study prograqmme is designed to inspire and enthuse you to develop the skills and knowledge to enable you to progress to study at level 3 or to follow a career in the sports and leisure industry. It will help you to develop your own practical sports performance and improve personal fitness.
The course is split into six units - two compulsory core units and four specialist units:
- body in sport
- sport leadership
- practical sport
- instructing exercise and fitness
- health safety and injury
- planning and leading sporting activities
Additional qualifications you can achieve include:
- CYQ - Introductory Certificate in Exercise and Fitness Instructing
- English Sports Trust -Junior Sports Leadership Award
- FA – Level One Coaching Award
- OCN - Nutrition Awards.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
In our experience in order to be successful on this level of course you will need one of the following:
- four GCSEs at grades D-F (including D in English)
- a BTEC first certificate/introductory diploma at merit level
- an NVQ level 1/technical certificate in a related subject
- successful completion of the PLP/Prince's Trust programme
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
The course is assessed on a continuous basis with written coursework and practical assessments.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- the level 3 course in sport at the College
- employment within the sports industry.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.