Children's Play, Learning & Development BTEC Level 3 National Award at Cowes Enterprise College
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Award in Children's Play, Learning and Development is the equivalent of one full A-Level and is studied over two years.
You will undertake a minimum of 50 hours practical placement experience within an early years setting to support your studies.
The National Award require students to undertake two compulsory modules:
- Unit 1 - Child Development
- Unit 2 - Play and Learning For National Award
You will learn about a wider range of topics:
- Unit 4 - Health and Safety in Early Years Settings
- Unit 8 - Safeguarding in Early Years
- Unit 9 - Observation Assessment and Planning
Plus one specialist Unit comprising of either
- Physical development, speech and language
- Numeracy Development or
- Personal, social emotional development
- Broad level 2 qualifications, 4 strong GCSE grades are normally required.
- This course can be taken by students even if they did not gain a GCSE in childcare.
- An interest in children’s growth and development
Students are assessed throughout the course by a series of assessment tasks.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Cowes Enterprise College directly.