BTEC Public Services Level 3 at The Basildon Academies Sixth Form
The overall aim of this course is to provide an understanding
of the uniformed public services and develop the skills and
qualities needed to undertake a career working within the
public services or progress into Higher Education.
You will learn:
- communication, team building, leadership skills and fitness required to enter the uniformed public services
- a broad understanding of UK politics and law
- an appreciation of the issues which have an impact on UK citizens
- Unit 1 Government, Policies and the Public Services
- Unit 2 Leadership and Teamwork in the Public Services
- Unit 3 Citizenship, Diversity and Public Services
A choice of two of the following Optional Units:
- Unit 4 Understanding Discipline in the Uniformed Public Services
- Unit 5 Physical Preparation, Health and Lifestyle for the Public Services
- Unit 12 Crime and its Effects on Society
- Unit 15 Planning and Management of Major Incidents
General Sixth Form entry requirements.
Continuous written, oral and practical assessment.
Public Services combines well with humanities subjects such as History and
English and also with sports and health related subjects such as Sports Studies
and Health and Social Care. It can also be combined with a vast array of other
subjects to provide a broad curriculum comprised of BTEC qualifications and/or
It can lead to a variety of university courses and careers such as law, politics,
history public services, and nursing careers working with others.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Basildon Academies Sixth Form directly.