Music AS/A Level at Castell Alun High School
A level music allows students to develop sufficient expertise for further study and to promote an appreciation and enjoyment of music. Whilst considerable commitment is required, the rewards are worthwhile. The deeper knowledge and appreciation of music gained will arm students with lifetime skills and give access to the wide ranging music scene which exists within school, locally and around the country.
Extra Curricular activities include:
- appropriate access to County led activities;
- County Schools Orchestra;
- County Schools Concert Band;
- County Choir;
- relative placement wherever possible.
- selected concert visits;
- work experience;
- opportunity to audition for the Four Counties Orchestra, Band and Choir;
- instrumental tuition and option to gain additional qualifications with Associated Board Practical Examinations;
Music combines well with many subject areas:
- traditionally with English and Modern Languages.
- increasingly with Sciences in the light of modern technology.
- as a Performing/Creative Art for closely related further study in Art, Dance and Drama.
Music may be studied at University or College of Higher Education.
Careers to consider include teaching, performing, broadcasting, journalism, the recording industry, publishing, library work, retail trade, concert management, musical instrument technology, music therapy, music in the armed services, arts administration and many other avenues within the arts.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Castell Alun High School directly.
Last updated date: 10 December 2014