Performing Arts Acting Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma at Amersham and Wycombe College
Do you have aspirations of becoming a professional actor or forging a career in the performing arts industry as a director, writer or producer? This qualification will put you on the first rung of the ladder. If you think you have the dedication, commitment and focus needed to succeed in this competitive industry, this is the ideal course for you.
Classes include: Principles of Acting, TV & Film, Storytelling, Contemporary Theatre, Classical Theatre, Children's Theatre, Voice, Singing, Movement, Improvisation, Business and
You will have plenty of performance opportunities in one of our fully equipped venues, Theatre on the Hill or Studio on the Hill, as well as the opportunity to perform a piece of Children’s Theatre at a local school.
Year 1 course = 90 credit Diploma
Year 2 course = a further 90 credits providing in total a 180 credit Extended Diploma
4 GCSE's at Grade C or above one of which must be English or Maths OR successful completion of a Level 2 qualification including a pass at English and Maths. You will also be required to attend an audition.
Continuous assessment through assignments, project-led practical classes and workshops, studio productions and a final major production in Amersham & Wycombe College's Theatre on the Hill.
To cover the cost of trips and workshops, initial rehearsal clothing and course books/materials - approx £115.
Higher education degrees in acting, performance, directing and theatre-related disciplines or to drama schools/colleges, all of which are the routes to a range of careers in the performing arts industry.
All current 2nd year Amersham & Wycombe College BTEC Level 3 Acting students who recently applied for higher education courses have received fantastic offers from top drama schools and universities, which include:
• Drama Centre London: BA (Hons) Acting
• Guilford School of Acting (GSA): BA (Hons) Acting
• East 15 Acting School: BA (Hons) World Performance
• Academy of Live & Recorded Arts (ALRA): Foundation Acting Course
• Birmingham School of Acting: Foundation Acting Course
• Royal Central School of Speech & Drama: BA (Hons) Drama, Applied Theatre and Education
• Royal Holloway, University of London: BA (Hons) Drama & English
• Newman University: BA (Hons) Drama & Education Studies
• St Mary’s University: BA (Hons) Drama & Theatre Arts
• Manchester Metropolitan University: BA (Hons) Drama & Education Studies
They are also in the process of recalls to the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA), Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts and Rose Bruford.
Last year students received offers from:
• University of Leeds: BA (Hons) Theatre and Performance
• University of Sussex: BA (Hons) Drama Studies and Film Studies
• Oxford Brookes University: BA (Hons) Drama/Film Studies
• Chichester University: BA (Hons) Performing Arts
• Loughborough University: BA (Hons) Drama
• Edge Hill University: BA (Hons) Drama
• St Mary’s University College: BA (Hons) Drama
• St.Mary’s University College: BA (Hons) Drama and Applied Theatre
• Arts University Bournemouth: BA (Hons) Acting
• Bath Spa University: BA (Hons) Acting
• University of Sheffield: BA (Hons) Theatre & Performance
• Regent’s School of Drama: Film & Media, Regent’s University London: BA (Hons) Acting & Global Theatre
• East 15 Acting School: Certificate of Higher Education in Theatre Arts
• The Bridge Theatre Training Company: 2 year Professional Acting Course
• Oxford School of Drama: One year acting course
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Amersham and Wycombe College directly.