Music A Level at The Leventhorpe School
The areas of study, provide an appropriate focus for students to appraise music and develop and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and understanding of musical elements, musical contexts and musical language. The areas of study can also provide a rich source of material for your students to work with when developing performance and composition skills.
Component 1 Appraising Music
Grade B in GCSE Music, and grade 4 (ABRSM or equivalent) standard in a musical instrument/voice, or grade 5 in an instrument/voice and grade 5 (ABRSM or equivalent) standard theory if GCSE music has not been taken. Students need to be able to read notated music to be ready to take A Level Music.
AS Music AQA:
- Component 1: Appraising Music - 40% of AS Listening and Written Examination Paper - 96 Marks
- Component 2: Performance 30% of AS - 6-8 minutes - 50 marks
- Component 3: Composition 30% of AS - 50 marks - (25 per composition)
A2 Music AQA:
- Component 1: Appraising Music 40% of A Level - Listening and written examination - 120 marks
- Component 2: Performance 30% of A Level - 10-12 minutes - 50 marks
- Component 3: Composition 30% of A Level - 50 marks - (25 per composition)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Leventhorpe School directly.