Plumbing Level 2 Certificate at South Cheshire College
In our well equipped plumbing workshop, you will be able to get to grips with one of the most sought after trade skills in the UK. Plumbing skills are very much in demand and on these courses you will learn all the practical and theoretical basics of the trade, including health & safety, pipe fitting skills, installing appliances, water regulations, sanitation and drainage, use of power tools and sheet lead work.
This plumbing qualification course is a mixture of practical workshop and classroom training and will cover all the following units:
- Health and safety in building services engineering
- Electrical principles and processes for building services engineering
- Scientific principles for domestic, industrial and commercial plumbing
- Cold Water Systems
- Domestic Hot Water Systems
- Central Heating Systems
- Common plumbing processes
- Drainage systems
- Understand how to communicate with others within building services engineering
Four GCSE passes at grades A*-C, including English Language, Maths and Science.
To study on this course you will need:
- Paper and pens
- An A4 folder with dividers
- A scientific calculator with an engineering button (e.g. Casio fx83MS)
- Drawing instruments (pencils, ruler, set squares and compass)
- Protective footwear and uniform for workshop sessions (uniform to be obtained from the College).
Progress to a Level 3 course in Plumbing, to gain the additional skills required to become a qualified plumber.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Cheshire College directly.