Carpentry & Joinery (Bench & Site Carpentry) Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Hertford Regional College
Construction is one of the broadest Apprenticeships available, covering a range of occupations from bricklaying and plant maintenance to civil engineering and joinery. Construction is a multi-billion pound industry that deals with developing and building anything from a housing estate to a bridge. Few industries are as wide-ranging, or offer as many different career pathways.
Carpenters and joiners are required to build and install a wide range of wood products.
Many carpenters train in one area and use their skills to develop into the more specialised areas later.
The Apprenticeship will include a QCF qualification, which covers knowledge and competency and Functional Skills.
Competence Based Element
Construction Building Sector:
• NVQ Diploma Level 3 - Wood Occupations
Knowledge Based Element (one of the following)
• Diploma in Bench Joinery (Wood Occupations)
• Diploma in Site Carpentry (Wood Occupations)
A contract of employment for a minimum of 30 hours per week - to include time at college - for the duration of the Apprenticeship and be paid at least the Apprenticeship national minimum wage. Additional requirements to be discussed.
In addition all Apprenticeships include:
• Induction and Employee Rights and Responsibilities
• Functional Skills (as required)
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills are mapped and embedded (Creative Thinking, Independent Enquiry, Reflective Learning, Team Working, Key Management, Effective Participation)
• Guided Learning on and off the job through training, set tasks or independent study
• Coaching and mentoring in the workplace
• Achievement Records of all Training and Development activity
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.