Extended Project at Coopers School
This is an additional course for you to pick up in Year 13 to supplement your programme of study and will be offered subject to individual advice and guidance. It is designed to aid transition to higher education by stretching and challenging students and equipping them with the research, reflection and independent study skills they will need to succeed at university.
You will need to:
- Select a topic / area of interest
- Identify and draft aims of their project and justify their choices of project
- Plan, research and carry out their project
- Provide evidence of all stages of the project
- Deliver a presentation to a specified audience
GCSE English Language C or better
The project can be a 5,000 word essay or it can be a much shorter report (about 1,000 words) linked to the production of:
- A Model
- An artefact
- A CD/Video/DVD of a performance or other activity
- A journal of activities or events
- A photographic record of a project
Assessment (by your supervisor) is 40% on the project itself (including the presentation) and 60% on how well you have worked over the project.
Universities welcome applications from students studying the Extended Project alongside their A Levels and recognise the level of study skills you will have developed. Employers are looking for the kind of self-starting skills the Extended Project prepares you for.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Coopers School directly.