Travel and Tourism BTEC Level 3 at Blenheim High School
This qualification includes three mandatory units covering the following content areas:
• The travel and tourism industry – the travel and tourism industry in the UK is growing and is of major importance to the economy. You will develop the skills needed to examine,
interpret and analyse a variety of statistics that measure the importance of tourism to the
• Different types of destinations and their importance – you will investigate the features and appeal of global destinations.
• Customer service – you will explore and apply ways of managing internal and external customer experience to support organisational success and develop their customer service skills.
You tutor will select one optional unit to support your progression to travel and tourism and other courses in higher education.
This course has a range of assessment types. The styles of external assessment used for qualifications in the Travel and Tourism suite are:
• Examinations – all learners take the same assessment at the same time, normally with a written outcome.
• Set tasks – learners take the assessment during a defined window and demonstrate understanding through completion of a vocational task.
This qualification is graded using a scale of Pass to Distinction*, and is equivalent to one A level.
In addition to the travel and tourism sector-specific content, the requirements of the qualification will mean that you develop transferable skills, which are highly regarded by higher education providers and employers. It will give you transferable knowledge, understanding and broad skills such as communicating and presenting ideas.
All of the content in the qualification will help prepare you for further study, and the qualification carries UCAS points and is recognised by higher education providers as contributing to meeting admission requirements for many courses.
This qualification allows for research and investigation into organisations in the travel and tourism sector with visits to destinations such as Brighton and Portsmouth and attractions locally such as Chessington World of Adventures Resort, to support your learning and research.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Blenheim High School directly.