Construction and the Built Environment Diploma Level 3 at Bradford College
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment is equivalent in size to two A Levels.
There are five mandatory units, which cover the following aspects of construction:
- Construction Principles
- Construction Design
- Health and Safety in Construction
- Construction Technology
- Surveying in Construction.
You will be able to choose three optional units focusing on your preferred area of specialism. These units offer you the opportunity to gain specialist skills and knowledge, which you will need as you progress to employment or further study.
Four GCSEs at a minimum of Grade C/4 including English and mathematics.
Assessment is by a range of types and styles including: external, internal and synoptic.
External Assessment includes:
- Set tasks.
Internal Assessment includes:
- Opportunities to demonstrate practical and technical skills
- Completing realistic tasks to meet specific briefs or particular purposes
- Writing up the findings of your own research
- Using case studies to explore complex or unfamiliar situations
- Carrying out projects.
Synoptic Assessment includes:
- Demonstrating that you can use a selection of skills, techniques, concepts, theories and knowledge.
Successful completion of this course supports progression to Higher Education or to an Apprenticeship in the sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bradford College directly.