Motor Vehicle Repair Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Farnborough College of Technology
The NVQ is achieved by the creation of a portfolio of evidence from the workplace and supported by monthly onsite assessments. Apprentices also will attend Farnborough College of Technology once a week to learn the underpinning knowledge and develop your skills.
The programme covers a range of practical skills and underpinning knowledge and includes the following five components:
1. Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Competence (Level 3): optional units to meet business needs
- Contribute to workplace good housekeeping
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to Health & Safety
- Maintain positive working relationships
- Diagnose and rectify auxiliary electrical faults
- Diagnose and rectify chassis system faults
- Diagnose and rectify engine faults
- Materials, fabrication, tools & measuring devices
- Remove and replace vehicle transmission and driveline faults
2. Technical Certificate: Light Vehicle Maintenance & Repair Principles (Diploma Level 3)
3. Functional Skills: English, Maths & ICT (Level 2)
4. Employment Rights & Responsibilities Workbook
5. Personal Thinking & Learning Skills
The training programme is intended for new or existing staff working in a garage providing motor vehicle repair services. The entry criteria are staff aged 16 and over with GCSEs A*-D in Maths and English. GCSE’s will be considered along with the results of an initial assessment.
Apprenticeships are a proven way of increasing staff retention and productivity. 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce. Apprenticeships enable employers to recruit and train the employees to meet the specific needs of their business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Farnborough College of Technology directly.