Business Studies - Level 3 BTEC at Ousedale School
This course provides candidates with a broad introduction to the business sector through the research and analysis of the activities of a chosen Business organisation.
Students are encouraged to acquire the following range of skills through the study of realistic business contexts:
- personal organisation and time management;
- producing a business report; making an oral presentation;
- initiative, creativity; perseverance; willingness to learn and progress;
- working in teams; discussing and resolving problems;
- investigative and research skills; problem solving; decision making; using theory to analyse a real organisation; planning a project.
Year 12 Modules
Unit 1: The Business Environment
Unit 2: Business Resources
Unit 3: Introduction to Marketing
Year 13 Modules
Unit 4: Business Communication
Unit 32: Food Retailing
Unit 36: Starting a Small Business
5 x A* - C at GCSE or equivalent
BTEC is currently assessed solely by coursework, however, this may be updated to include an external assessment in the future.
Pass = E grade at A level
Merit = C grade at A level
Distinction = A grade at A level
Distinction+ = A* at A level
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ousedale School directly.