Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma/Diploma in Applied Science at Carr Hill High School and Sixth Form Centre
This course consists of a combination of mandatory(M) and optional units each with a credit value. For the National Certificate you must complete the mandatory units worth 30 credits. For the National Subsidiary Diploma you must complete the mandatory units plus optional units to give a total of 60 credits. For the National Diploma you must complete the mandatory units plus optional units to give a total of 120 credits.
- Fundamentals of Science (M)
- Working in the Science Industry (M)
- Scientific Investigations (M)
- Scientific practical Techniques
- Perceptions of Science
- Using Mathematical Tools for Science
- Using Statistics for Science
- Physiology of Human Body Systems
- Biochemistry and Biochemical Techniques
- Microbiological Techniques
- Genetics and Genetic Engineering
- Medical Physics Techniques
- Chemical Laboratory Techniques
- Forensic Evidence Collection and Analysis
Students should have at least 4 A* to C Grades at GCSE or have a BTEC Level 2 First qualification. BTEC Level 3 national Applied Science is a vocational or work-related qualification, you will have the opportunity to gain specific knowledge, understanding and skills that are relevant to future work. The course is continually assessed not examined.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Carr Hill High School and Sixth Form Centre directly.