Hairdressing Diploma Level 1 at City of Wolverhampton College
During this course you will study the following modules:
- Introduction to the hair and beauty sector
- Presenting a professional image in a salon
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Styling women’s hair
- Plaiting and twisting hair
- Colour hair using a temporary colour
- Create a hair and beauty image
- Follow Health and Safety in the salon
- Working with others in the hair and beauty sector
- Create and image using colour for the hair and beauty sector
- Salon reception duties
- The art of colouring hair
f you want to work as a hairdresser this course will set you on the path to a successful career in the industry.
You will gain skills, experience and confidence in styling hair and learn about customer service and health and safety in the salon.
On completion of the course you will be able to progress to a Level 2 hair or beauty qualification.
We offer a fantastic, well designed working salon environment supported by our partnership with the Francesco Group.
We have inspirational and experienced staff who will support you to develop your skills and knowledge and you will have the chance to take part in national and local competitions and attend other enrichment activities which will give you further experience of the industry and look good on your CV.
To access this course you are required to have:
- Three or more GCSEs at grade G or above
- Good attendance and reference from school
- You will also be asked to undertake a trade test
You will be assessed in a number of ways including practical observations, building a portfolio of theory evidence and exams.
On successful completion of the course you will be able to progress to:
- NVQ Level 2 in Women’s Hairdressing
- NVQ Level 2 Barbering
- Pursue an apprenticeship in the industry
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Wolverhampton College directly.