Government and Politics AS/A Level at Fitzharrys School
Unit 1: People, Politics
Unit 2: Governingthe UK
Unit 3: Ideologies
Unit 4: The Government of the USA
• An interest in the world around you, including enjoyment of reading/watching the news.
• An ability to think critically about the world, particularly our social and political systems.
• An enjoyment of discussion, debate and other exchanges of opinion.
• Ability to think critically, come up with questions and a willingness to ask these in class.
• A love of reading.
• Ability to write coherently and strong literacy skills.
• Ability to analyse information critically.
Unit 1: Essay paper 25% of A2, 50% of AS.
Unit 2: Essay paper 25% of A2, 50% of AS
Unit 3: Essay paper 25% of A2
Unit 4: Essay paper 25% of A2
- social work
- social policy or research
- any job that involves: presentations, analysis of data, making a case or defending a position.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Fitzharrys School directly.