Sport & Physical Education AS/A Level at Suffolk One
This course is aimed at those who are enthusiastic and passionate about Sport and Physical Education. The course will cover both practical and theoretical aspects of the subject. Coaching, officiating and teamwork are all skills you will learn during this course. You will have the opportunity to build on your playing skills and improve your performance across a range of sporting activities.
The course consists of four modules and over the course you will study:
* Opportunities for, and the effects of, leading a healthy and active lifestyle (applied physiology, skill acquisition, opportunities for participation and application of theoretical knowledge to a practical situation)
* Analysis and evaluation of physical activity as a performer and/or in an adopted role/s
* Optimising performance and evaluating contemporary issues within sport (physiology, psychology and contemporary issues)
* Optimising practical performance in competitive situations
A good level of experience and ability in at least one practical activity is expected. GCSE grade C in PE & Additional Science.
Students can progress to university to study a variety of courses, including sport and exercise science, sports studies, leisure management, teaching, sports therapy, physiotherapy and others. For those wishing to study physiotherapy at university, subject choice should be considered carefully and further advice sought.
Which subjects complement this A- level?
* Diploma in Travel and Tourism
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Suffolk One directly.