Accessibility links

Music Performance Level 2 at Access Creative College

Course description

If you are a musician, vocalist or singer/songwriter who wants to develop your music and learn skills for work at Level 3 (A Level standard), then this is the course for you. You will cover all areas of music performance, including musicianship, songwriting, repertoire development, rehearsal skills and live and recorded performance.

Course content

IMPROVE YOUR MUSICIANSHIP Develop your skills on your instrument and your understanding of how music works.

WRITE & ARRANGE SONGS Start writing your own songs and arrange songs by other artists, working in bands in fully equipped rehearsal rooms.

REHEARSE & PERFORM Practise your repertoire and get to perform in college and at gigs. Learn how to start recording your songs.

DEVELOP BUSINESS SKILLS Learn about working in the music industry.

Entry requirements

We value your creative passion and skills above all else. However, you will also need to demonstrate that you are able to work at Level 2 (GCSE standard) and we will take your actual, or predicted, grades into account.


Course work.

Financial information

FREE for 16-18s.

Future opportunities

You will achieve a Level 2 RSL Music Practitioners Diploma which can lead to further skills development on Level 3 performance, songwriting or vocal courses.

How to apply

You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.

Last updated date: 27 October 2017
Provider logo

Key information


  • More information
    • Access London (Shoreditch) is the right choice if you want to get creative in a fun and friendly place. We’re approachable, so your voice can be heard, and you’ll be mixing with other like-minded people.

      Located at the Shoreditch Campus in Hoxton we have great facilities and experienced tutors to help you on your way and we’re connected into the the capital’s creative scene to give you the best opportunities. Why would you go anywhere else?