Sport (single) at Goffs School
The BTEC Sport is a part practical, part theoretical course that provides students with the opportunity to develop:
- their understanding of Practical Performance, Coaching, Leadership, Health and Safety and Physiology
- to provide a sound, intellectually demanding vocational learning experience
- to use the motivating interest in sport to promote academic learning
- to give the students the opportunity to acquire coaching and leadership awards
- to develop and extend the students’ practical sporting skills in a wide range of activities.
The course is particularly useful for students interested in a career in teaching, physiotherapy, coaching, leisure centre/facility management, the fitness industry, personal training, working with children in local authority schemes, the police or armed forces.
PROGRESSION TO UNIVERSITY
The course is particularly relevant for Sports Science and Leisure related degrees.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Goffs School directly.