BTEC Engineering at St Aldhelm's Academy
The Edexcel BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award in Engineering
has been designed primarily for young people aged 14-19 who may wish to explore a vocational route throughout Key Stage 4, but it is also suitable for other learners who want a vocationally focused introduction to this area of study.
It has been developed to:
● give learners the opportunity to gain a broad understanding and knowledge of the engineering sector
● give learners a more focused understanding of engineering through the selection of optional specialist units
● give learners the opportunity to develop a range of personal skills and techniques, through the selection of optional units that are essential for successful performance in working life
● give opportunities for learners to achieve a nationally recognised level 1 or level 2 engineering qualification
● support progression into a more specialised level 3 vocational or academic course or into an apprenticeship
● give full-time learners the opportunity to enter potential employment within a wide range of engineering sectors such as mechanical, automotive and electrical.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award in Engineering provides an engaging, robust, broad-based introduction to engineering. It provides underpinning knowledge, understanding and practical skills that reflect the needs of employers and higher and further education professionals. It presents knowledge, skills and understanding in a meaningful work-related context, to allow learners to understand theory and application.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award in Engineering comprises core units that underpin the knowledge and skills that are valued in the engineering sector. One core unit focuses on essential knowledge, and the other core unit focuses on applying essential vocational skills.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Aldhelm's Academy directly.