Health and social care - NCFE Level 1 Certificate in Introduction to Health, Social Care and Children and Young People's Settings at Kirklees College, Dewsbury Centre
There may be opportunities for you to complete a work placement in a care setting, which will greatly improve your employability and practical skills.
On the course, you will learn about:
• Your rights and responsibilities at work
• Health and social care needs
• Managing your health at work
• Creative activities for children
• Promoting healthy eating in care
• How to prepare for employment
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades: English 2 and maths at 1 or above, and 2 other GCSEs grade 2 or above. You will also need to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) which the college will pay for.
• Written assignments
• Group work
• Practical activities
As a full time student you should not need to pay any course or examination fees (under 19).
There may be a cost for equipment, educational visits, printing etc.
- BTEC Diploma in Health and Social Care level 2, or
- Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care level 2.
Employment in the health and social care sector, for example as a care assistant.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.