Plumbing (Level 1) at Central College Nottingham
This course gives you the skills needed to progress to a higher level of training in Plumbing.
- Introduction to working with copper pipe
- Introduction to working with plastic pressure pipe
- Introduction to safe working practices
- Introduction to structure of the Construction industry
- Introduction to environmental and sustainable measures in domestic dwellings
- Introduction to site preparation
- Introduction to above ground drainage
- Introduction to low carbon steel
- Introduction to installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems
- Introduction to plumbing science
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grades D-G including English Language and Maths
- A relevant Entry 3 qualification, plus you will need to complete an English and Maths assessment to determine the right course and support for you.
Adults who are aged 19+ without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
Each unit is continually assessed. You will present evidence of competence via practical assessments and production of a personal portfolio. Each theory unit has an end of unit knowledge assessment.
ABC Level 2 Diploma in Access to Building Services Engineering.
Employment as a trainee plumber.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.