Plumbing and Heating - Level 2 at South Devon College
This Plumbing and Heating apprenticeship is a two year day-release programme. You will need to have an employer who covers all aspects of domestic plumbing and heating systems (which the College can support you in finding) in order to develop the skills required to complete this programme and prepare you to work in this industry. You will attend the College for one day per week and work for a recognised plumbing and heating company for the remainder of the week. You will also gain a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety practices relevant to the plumbing industry.
What will I learn?
- Safe working practices
- Site preparation and pipework fabrication techniques
- Domestic hot water system installation techniques
- Installing central heating systems
- Installing above ground drainage systems
- Installing and maintaining domestic plumbing and heating systems
- You will be required to be working towards achieving Maths at Level 1
- You will be required to be working towards achieving English at Level 1
- You should have a genuine interest in this subject
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Devon College directly.